Monday, August 16, 2010

Email from Africa

Hi TC and LC 13,

Sorry I haven't been in touch earlier, I have been very busy here in Durban, and am usually exhausted by the time I get home that I can't face writing emails.
I hope you are all doing well and continuing the wonderful creativity in QZealand.

Things here are good. My mum is getting better every day. She is still in the rehabilitation unit and has a long way to go with her therapy. She still can't use her right arm or leg, but she is making slow progress. She was able to come home for the afternoon on Saturday and the day on Sunday so she was very relieved to be back in her own house. I am spending most of the day with her, taking her the newspapers and some good coffee, so not much free time, which is a shame because the weather here is AMAZING! It's like 25 degrees, blue skies, the sea is like a millpond and just so lovely. Unfortunately I can't swim in the sea because the annual sardine migration in happening where the sardines swim up the east coast of South Africa and the sea is FULL of sharks, dolphins and whales, so they lift the shark nets so that none will get caught in them. Therefore swimming is banned, which is really bad timing for me!

Anyway, I'll be back in Palmerston North on Sunday... I just hope I am not too tired from the flight to see South Africa beat the All Blacks !! :)

Take care everyone!

Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment