Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Saving my teacher!

!Saving my Teacher!8.3.16

Camp day 2


Dear Diary,
This is Day 2 of camp and we are going to the river. Sadly the current is too strong so we just get to look at birds, insects and that kind of stuff. I guess it's alright… I beg my teacher TC that my friends and I are really, REALLY good swimmers, but she still just says, “It's too dangerous. Only you are allowed to go swimming if you want to.” Just great. Whoops! That's the hooter for breakfast. Ggotta go!


1:30pm
We’re at the river and we’re having a class picnic. My best friends, Emma and May have been bothering me since I got here about how I take my diary everywhere. Oh well. Nothing that interesting here so I'll write later I guess.


2:00
OMG I just saved TC from drowning! I am so happy everyone is treating me like a hero! I hope that proves to TC that I'm good at swimming. I am right now going to write what happened at the time:


I walk slowly since I'm just trudging along the dirt footpath as we head back to the campsite. Then TC looks over at the river. “See I told you it's dangerous to swim there!” she says. “But you see I can swim in there.”

TC suddenly rips off her dress and under it is a neon green swim suit. Everyone is staring in horror with their mouths wide open. She stretches her arms up in diving position  and runs up to the edge of the crashing river, leaps and throws herself into the gushing water with a SPLASH! I gasp and we all run over to the water's edge. I search the water for a show-off teacher but all I see is a lady struggling to swim. “She's drowning!!!” One of the students yell. “What should we do?” says May. “Why don't we just let her drown since she's a stupid teacher…?” says someone from a gang of boys. Everyone glares, well, most of the pupils. I think, as I can hear my teacher screaming, “Someone help me!!!! I’M GOING TO DIEEEE!!!!” Then I think of an idea.

I sneak out of the crowd, duck behind a bush and get changed into the unused swimming togs that will be useful soon. Hopefully. I leave my bag and clothes behind the leafy bush and arrange my dark purple goggles to my eyes. Everyone stares at me like, ARE YOU MAD!? But yes I am going to do it. I crawl over to the gushing water that has carried TC further and further away. I stand up, stretch my arms up high and plunge into the overlapping current of the river. The water is ice cold and it freezes the tips of my fingers and toes so they're numb. I can feel pain stretching over my body from coldness as the water wraps around me. I push through the current as I swim towards my silly teacher. “Help me, HELP MEEEE!!!” What the heck? Well I am going to help her! As I grab onto her leg and start pulling her towards the other side of the river where safety lies I can hear over the crashing water, “HELP! A SHARK’S GOT ME AND IT’S TAKING ME TO ITS FAMILY TO EAT ME!!!” Wow. Overly dramatic. A shark would have bitten her leg off by now…


I pull her up to shore and she stands up, soaked, with a bunch of towels wrapped around her. I climb out, my body trembling and my teeth chattering. Goosebumps cover nearly every inch of my skin, my hands and feet have gone pure white and I can't feel them. Everyone watches me and TC is beaming. I smile at her as she thanks me so much. I get dressed behind my bush and I walk over with my BFFs back to our campsite.


15.3.16
Back to school


Dear diary,
Today was a magnificent day. I got so many answers wrong on my three tests and my teacher gave me a A+! I mean how cool is that? Also at assembly I got a Principal's Award, a Right Choice Award, the School Student Trophy AND I got to go in front of the whole school and they all cheered for me. Now, if anyone in the school is unkind to me in the slightest way they get lunch club from Mrs Peck. So cool right? But actually it's not so cool in one annoying way. It was ALL a dream… Well at least it was the best dream EVER! Well goodbye for now dream diary…

By Rio

No comments:

Post a Comment