Sunday, June 26, 2016

The torturing rain

The Torturing Rain

Our classroom was rattling with noise while the booming rain was splattering down on the roof.

As I stepped out onto the slimy damp ground I felt my shoes slither with wetness.

I was wearing a bright yellow vest with my name on it.

I shouted out to Paige, “My shoes are soaked and I hadn't even been out there for a minute.”

I ran rapidly to Piako Tahi to do my peer mediation job. When I stepped into the fresh carpet of Piako Tahi I could sense the warmth of the classroom wrap into my skin.

We were asked to supervise in there until the teachers had sorted out the leaks in their classroom. All the leaks were coming from the cloak bay. Some were from the roof and some even coming from the tip of the windows.

Finally it was time for us to head to another classroom.

 When I stepped outside the classroom door I could feel the breeze and the rain spray towards me. I was gobsmacked. My hair was drenched and my shoes were saturated. I didn’t know what to do.

I dashed to LC11 and when I walked into the class they were all dancing and singing. At first I felt like I was at a party then I remembered that I was actually at school.

We went back to Piako Rua and, well, I was running like lightning. My foot splattered right into an enormous puddle. I wobbled and I wobbled until I finally got my balance back. But my foot was now the soggiest my foot had ever been. Now that was one showerey lunch time!

-Nadia Mabey.

No comments:

Post a Comment